It deals with:
- Use of primary human cells to study mechanisms of differentiation and regeneration of tissues for research purposes
- Genomic and post-genomic researches in pathologies with high welfare impact (neoplastic, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases)
- Preclinical testing using in vitro and in vivo (animal models) systems
- Animal Facility
- Flow Cytometry
- Molecular Interactions
- Advanced Microscopy
- Clinical research
Areas of interest:
- Life Science
Scientific Director: Paola Rizzo
Address: via Fossato di Mortara 70 – Ferrara
Phone +39 0532 455855
MechLav is dedicated to the technology transfer of innovative solutions and technological services to companies of the different sectors of industry, manufacturing, services and smart-cities, not only in the regional area, but also with national and international relationships.
Its expertise areas work in a synergic way, functional to the horizontal structure of industrial products and processes.
Areas of Interest:
- Mechanics and Thermo-fluid dynamics for advanced manufacturing
- Advanced maintenance
- Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) for manufacturing and building
- Materials (metallic, polymeric, composite) and surface engineering
- Fluid machinery for industry and energy systems
- Energy conversion, distribution and storage systems
- ICT for Industry 4.0
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Industrial automation, robotics, supervision and sustainable control
- Radiofrequency and microwave electronics
- Networks of communication, localization and monitoring
In the above areas of interest, MechLav offers customized collaborations and services to companies, operating with industrial timing and modalities:
- Commissioned and collaborative industrial research;
- Partnership in EU, national, regional research projects;
- Tests in industrial or laboratory environment;
- Personnel training and technology transfer;
- Management tools: development of skills and services.
Scientific Director: Giorgio Dalpiaz
Phone: +39 328 8606250
Web site: http://www.unife.it/tecnopolo/mechlav
- c/o Dipartimento di Ingegneria, Via Saragat, 1 – Blocco A, 44122 Ferrara
- c/o CenTec – Via Guercino 47, 44042 Cento (FE) – http://www.centec.it
Circular economy aims at reducing the production-consumption system of both virgin material and energy inputs and waste and emission outputs (physical throughput) through the application of material cycles and renewable-based energy cascades. The scope is to reduce waste management and emission control costs together with risks from environmental legislation, as well as to innovate new product design and market opportunities for business.
Within this context, Terra&Acqua Tech’s mission is to develop environmental sustainable approaches for farms and industries. This mission is accomplished by integrating chemistry, engineering, biology, and physics knowledge. Through this multidisciplinary approach,Terra&Acqua Tech develops innovative tools, technologies, methodologies and know how for:
- characterization, protection and environmental remediation
- waste valorization
- enhancement and preservation of ecosystems and natural resources
- mitigation of effects of anthropogenic activities.
- increasing environmental sustainability of industrial agriculture and fisher sectors
- environmental restoration and waste management
- renewable energy
- greenhouse gas reduction
Terra&Acqua Tech’s multidisciplinary team is organized into 8 units:
- U1 Water quality and treatment
- U2 Water resources, environmental geochemistry and geomaterials
- U3 Water systems management and sanitary engineering
- U4 Metallurgy, corrosion and polymeric materials
- U5 Chemical innovative strategies for agri-environment development
- U6 Monitoring and sustainable management of agricultural and aquatic ecosystems
- U7 Recovery and sustainable valorization of biomass
- U8 Sensor and semiconductor Laboratory
Areas of expertise:
- Agriculture, farms and zootechnics
- Aquaculture and fishing
- Renewable energies
- Water treatments and water distribution networks
- Health and wellness
Services for companies:
– Chemical and microbiological analysis
– Environmental monitoring (abiotic and biota matrix)
– Ecosystem services
– Product certifications for pharmaceutical and chemical industry
– Studies for the DOP and IGP certification of products of the agri-food chain
– Recovery of added-value compound from biomass, residues or waste
– Remediation of contaminated sites
– Development of new green products and new eco-sustainable processes
– Studies and development of technologies for the protection of the sea and of the coast, for fishing and aquaculture, for agriculture, for the environment and renewable energies
– Management of water distribution networks, characterization and monitoring of consumption
– Study of waste water treatment plants and sanitation of water and environments
– Synthesis of new substances and materials
– Mechanical and metallurgical tests, characterization to evaluate corrosion resistance
– Construction of pilot plants in laboratory scale.
– Chemometrics and process optimization
– Quality control
– Feasibility studies
Scientific Director: Luisa Pasti
The lab has many offices, connected to each unit and research group.
Phone +39 0532 455346
Advanced Polymer Materials S.r.l. (APM) is a company founded in 2007 as a ‘spin-off’ business initiative promoted by some researchers of the National Research Council and the University of Ferrara. The mission of APM was initially linked to the exploitation of the results of fundamental research for the development of new polymeric materials and services for technology transfer, collaborating to enhance the know-how and technologies of Italian production with positive effects in the high sectors -tech.
Today, APM is a dynamic company able to apply the modern methodologies in use for quality control with thermo-mechanical, rheological and chemical-physical methods applying ISO or ASTM standards for industrial polymers, thermoset and composites.
In addition, APM successfully participates in regional, national and European industrial research projects in collaboration with converters and end-users of polymer materials. In recent years APM has been deeply involved into the development of adhesives, such as paints and thermo- and photo-polymerizable inks, and hot-melt adhesives prepared by reactive extrusion methods of some thermoplastic materials.
In the last two years APM has developed polymer mixtures made of polymers derived from renewable origin to produce biodegradable and compostable flexible packaging. With these bioplastics APM today produces extruded nets, wires and tapes used as flexible packaging for the packaging of mussels, meats and fruits. APM is involved also in the production of masterbateches with higly efficient conductive, antimicrobic and luminescent properties.
Scientific Director: Marco Scoponi
via Giuseppe Saragat, 9 – 44122 Ferrara
Phone: +39 0532.79.07.07
The Institute for Agricultural and Earthmoving Machines is part of the Scientific Network of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR). It includes the headquarter, located in Ferrara, an external branch, located at the Research Area in Turin, a test site in Candiolo (Turin) and an experimental farm in Vezzolano (Asti).
The research activities are interdisciplinary and primarily addressed to all the technologies used in mobile machinery as well as technologies for sustainable agriculture and precision farming. The main engineering skills are integrated with expertise in agronomy, physics and chemistry, with a strong focusing on environmental sustainability and high energy efficiency, in a context of rapid technology transfer.
- Development of propulsion system and power transmission architectures in mobile applications;
- Mechatronics, unstructured robotics and autonomous vehicles;
- Development of advanced control systems for the automatic management of machines, machine clusters and work cycles;
- Computational and experimental analysis of fluid power components and systems;
- Vibro-acoustics optimisation and noise and vibration control;
- Development and application of traditional and innovative materials;
- Development of technologies for sustainable agriculture;
- Certification and testing of mobile machines and standardization activities;
- Life Cycle Assessment of products/processes.
Areas of expertise:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Acoustics and Vibration
- Materials Science
Scientific and Administrative Director: Eleonora Carletti
Headquarter: Via Canal Bianco, 28 – 44124 Ferrara, Italy
Phone: + 39 0532 735 635
External branch: Strada delle Cacce, 73 – 10135 Torino, Italy